Monday, April 13, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

This is the best muffin recipe I've used so far! My mom tried it and she approved! I realized the trick to making muffins is to separate dry and wet ingredients and NOT to overmix them. These muffins are not too sweet and not too heavy (I only used half a stick of butter), and they are very moist and spongy, almost banana bread-like. You could replace chocolate chip and raisins with fresh blueberries or cranberries.


Banana Chocolate Muffins

Very yummy muffins – must try!

See Banana Chocolate Muffins on Key Ingredient.

6 comments:

Dizzy Antelope said...

looks yum. i'm gonna go get some yogurt to try this today.

Dizzy Antelope said...

no fair... why didn't my muffins turn out properly? :(

Cat said...

really? hmm...what did they look like?

Leonie said...

I suppose cinnamon go into dry bowl. but how much yogurt?

Cat said...

Sorry I wasn't clear on the recipe as I made some changes to it recently. I made them again and found that cinnamon goes well with banana and choco chips. Yes, Cinnamon goes into the dry bowl. Yoghurt is optional. If you like a little less butter, you could replace the same amount of butter taken out with yoghurt. Obviously, butter will give the muffin softer and shinier finish.

Leonie said...

For a healthier choice, replace 30-40% of white flour with wheat germ. I tried it out last night. It's very good. wheat germ gave it better texture. I didn't have chocolate chips, but they are still very good.