Thursday, February 23, 2012

Moist Carrot Bread

I'm always hungry after workout from my yoga classes and I need something healthy and quick to boost my energy and fill my stomach. I love carrot cake but it's so hard to find a coffee shop that makes good carrot cake without the sugar and the fat. If you like carrot cake and want to be health conscious, you must try the below recipe which I came up and they came out really delicious! I'm not a fan of cream cheese frosting so I'm not going to put it on my recipe.




Ingredients:
2 large eggs
2.5 cups of grated carrots
Zest of one lemon
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup buttermilk or homo milk
1/2 stick butter (room temperature)
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Method:
  • Mix eggs, butter, sugar, apple sauce, lemon zest, grated carrots.
  • Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg into the wet mixture
  • Mix by hand until you cannot see any white flour and mix in buttermilk and continue mixing until the mixture is similar to cake batter consistency (not too runny)
  • Add in the walnuts last and pour the batter into a baking tray or loaf pan. Bake for 30-40 mins at 180C.

No comments: